Why go to the store and buy pre-made Peanut Butter when you can make it in the comfort of your own home? Just go to the store and buy some nut and seed butters when you make this and your Vitamix with do the rest! (This is written for those who have the Vitamix 5200, with a standard 64 ounce container).
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, salted cashews
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low laboring sound. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
- *If using dry roasted nuts, you may need to add a good quality oil. Begin with 3 Tbsp and add more if necessary.
This Recipe Yields: 1 3/4 cups
Total Cook Time: 10 minutes
Happy Blending! 🙂