The following recipe will change your life. It will also cause you to exclaim, “why didn’t I think of this before?!” Behold: An ‘Egg’cellent Baked Sweet Potato – perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a small snack you’re craving!
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 real eggs
- A little butter
- salt and pepper
- First, bake your sweet potato. Here’s a simple method to use: pierce the sweet potato several times with a fork. Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to the oven and bake about 10-15 minutes.
- Your potato is now soft on the inside. Cut it in half and scoop out some of the sweet potato on each half, forming a tiny bowl. Now break for a bit and enjoy a little snack with the scooped out potato flesh! I like drizzling mine with ketchup.
- Drop a bit of BUTTER into each hole and cover with a cracked egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Season with salt and pepper. Attack and enjoy the sweet, eggy, carby goodness.
- If you don’t like sweet potatoes, you can substitute this with a regular old Idaho potato with garlic and chives.
- Serve and enjoy!
Total Cook Time: 50 minutes!
Happy Blending! 🙂