Tired of buying store bought almond milk all the time? How about trying to make your own homemade almond milk at home! Almond milk is tasty and lower in calories than milk and it makes a great alternative for those who are lactose intolerant!
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup raw almonds or cashews
- sugar or sweetener, to taste optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
If you desire to strain away sediment, place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into sieve and allow to filter through, or stir the milk in the sieve with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly. Do not strain if using cashews. *Note: Almond Milk is high in fiber only if it’s not strained.
This Recipe Yields: 3 1/2 cups
Total Cook Time: 7 minutes
Happy Blending! 🙂