Although the weather is getting warmer during the day in Southern California, we still have to endure cold nights. Why not try something different to top off those cold nights? It’s not only healthy, but its extremely tasty! This recipe would be great for a family dinner!
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, halved or chopped
- 1/4 small onion, peeled or chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of WHITE pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup organic light silken tofu
- 2 cups low sodium veggie broth
- Place carrots, onion and garlic into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until chopped.
- Heat oil in a small pan and sauté chopped ingredients until onion is clear and carrots are tender. Add a little broth, if needed.
- Place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container, add sautéed ingredients and secure lid. Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Serve right away!
This Recipe Yields: 4 1/2 cups
Total Cook Time: 25 minutes.
Happy Blending! 🙂