Ready to snack on some pita chips with your very own homemade hummus?!
Here’s a recipe that will entice your taste buds with a kick – roasted red peppers!
- 6 ounces roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup tahini paste
- 2 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the ingredients into the Vitamix container (in order as the ingredients are listed) and secure the lid!
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn the Vitamix on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Add water if the mixture for your desired consistency or if the mixture starts to get stuck in between the blades.
This Recipe Yields: 3 1/2 cups.
Total Cook Time:11 minutes!
This recipe will be great as an afternoon snack on the weekend, or a perfect appetizer for a get together with friends and family. Happy Blending! 🙂