As if the Vitamix wasn’t amazing enough – can you believe you can make sauces in your bender? Tonight, Ill be making pesto crusted chicken with fresh broccoli, so I thought I would share. First, lets start with the pesto (the star of our post):
- 2 Cups of fresh basil leaves (3 if you like the fresh taste of basil)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 2 cloves of crushed/minced and peeled garlic
- 1 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Romano pecorini cheese
- 3 tablespoons of butter, softened in the microwave
- Combine the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, and salt in the blender and mix on high.
- Take breaks during the blending to scoop all the ingredients down towards the blade (you can use a rubber spatula)
- When the ingredients are thoroughly blended, pour it in a bowl with the cheeses and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, beat in the butter.
For pasta: When eating the pesto with pasta, do not fully drain the pasta (leave about a tablespoon of boiling water) then add mix in the pesto (makes for a creamier taste).
For chicken: Cube skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Thoroughly coat the chicken in the pesto sauce (let it marinate for at least 10 minutes – the longer you marinate, the better it tastes) and then fry it on a pan (you can also bake it for a healthier meal). Spoon more pesto (not the pesto used for the raw chicken) depending on preference.
Happy Blending! 🙂