Want to add the perfect side dish to accompany your yummy tacos for Taco Tuesday? Well the answer is: SALSA! Salsa is great for topping, dipping, and even delicious to eat on its own! It is a delicious way to add extra flavor, vegetables, and texture into your meals. To add a little spice into your meals, try out this recipe that we found below:
- 1/2 small jalapeno or serrano chili pepper
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1/8 small white onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- juice from 1/2 small lemon (you can substitute fresh lime juice)
- salt to taste
For more seasoning and spice you can add: green pepper, canned green chiles, Lawrey’s seasoned pepper, corn, tomatillo, garlic cloves, and even green bell pepper!
- With the blender container empty, secure the out portion of the two-part lid.
- Turn on and set speed to #6 or #7.
- Drop in jalapeno pepper to finely chop.
- Turn off the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the container.
- Run on speed #1 using the tamper to stir ingredients into the blades for about 30 seconds.
- Leave chunky; don’t blend until smooth!
- Empty contents into a bowl and chill for about 20 minutes to let the flavors mix together.
- Then serve and enjoy!
Happy Blending! 🙂