My orange smoothie recipe is PERFECT for breakfast or for an afternoon snack on a blah winter day. The vibrant colors of citrus (which are in season in the winter months) and the luscious, deep orange hues of the persimmon fruit can’t help but cheer you!
What is a persimmon? Persimmon is a delicious autumnal fruit is often overlooked, but it’s an excellent addition to an orange smoothie recipe. Wait until it’s fully ripened before you use it! You’ll know it’s ripe when it gets really, really soft like jelly.
My Orange Pineapple Persimmon Smoothie takes only a few minutes to make.
- 1/2 pineapple (remove peel and cut pineapple meat into cubes)
- 3 clementine oranges, peeled
- 1 very soft, ripe persimmon
- 2 ice cubes
***DO NOT ADD WATER!!!
- First, place the peeled clementines and the pineapple cubes into the blender and blend until smooth. You may have to stop the blender, remove the pitcher from the base and give it a good shake a couple of times if the pineapple cubes become stuck in the blades.
- Next you’re going to add the persimmon. Cut the persimmon into circles.
- Then, you can easily cut awaythe peel from each circle and place only the jelly-like interior in the blender.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until VERY smooth. Ready to serve.
You can make this recipe in the morning, pour it in a thermos, and carry it to work with you. Put it in the office refrigerator and in the mid-morning or the afternoon, when you would normally get hit by a junk food craving, drink your orange smoothie recipe instead!
It’s a perfect remedy if you’re feeling dull and tired during the afternoon lull. You’ll be amazed at how satisfying and uplifting it is! Happy blending 🙂