With the sun starting to shine brightly again and spring just around the corner, why not make yourself a rejuvenating smoothie that will give you nutrients and energy to take on the day! The main ingredient of this recipe is kale (low in calorie, high in fiber, zero fat, high in iron, high in Vitamin K, A, and C, powerful antioxidants, great anti-inflammatory food, great for cardiovascular support, and high in calcium). To offset the bitterness of the kale, this recipe calls for green grapes, oranges, lemons, and apples. This recipe yields 6 cups of deliciousness! And as always, Happy Blending! 🙂
- ½ cup water
- 2 ½ cups green grapes
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- ½ lemon, peeled
- ½ cucumber, peeled if not organic, (not to exceed 4 oz.), cut into large chunks
- ½ green apple (3.5 oz.), seeded, halved
- 1 cup kale, spine removed
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks or pineapple chunks
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Smoothie program.
- Switch machine to Start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Your delicious smoothie is now ready to be poured into a glass and be served!
Happy Blending! 🙂
Source: Fox8 Cleveland News