Today, I made a “everything” smoothie for breakfast. What that means, is using whatever is in the fridge to make your smoothie. As weird as it may sound, I used spinach and cilantro (don’t be afraid to try unconventional ingredients – they tend to make the tastiest blends). I added some bananas to mask the “earthy” taste (bananas are a great way to sweeten up your smoothie and mask the bitterness of other, but too much is not a good thing) and threw in some frozen berries to make it frothier. Here are the exact measurements I used:
- 1 Banana
- 2 Handfuls of spinach/cilantro mix
- 1 Cup of frozen berry medley (you can get these at Trader Joes)
- 2 Tbsp of cottage cheese
- 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Cup of almond milk
- 1 Cup of Keifer yogurt
- Combine all ingredients into the blender.
- Pour in organic apple juice until the juice is almost level with the top of the fruit. Remember, the more juice you put in, the more smoother its going to be. For those that want a thicker smoothie, put in more yogurt and less juice.
- Blend away until you reach your desired consistency
- Serve this yummy drink!
This smoothie will be great for those looking to cut down on calories and get more energy. Using these measurements will make 2 full servings, so find someone special to share with
Happy Blending! 🙂